Re: GSBN:Buffalo Grass Bales

Ben,
I've used rye grass straw. As long as its matured standing and can be
baled - it can be used. Problem with rye grass was its small stems
packed densely making bales extremely heavy and difficult to handle.
Chris

On Oct 9, 2007, at 9:46 AM, cmagwood@...:

Ben,

I've had a chance to use switch grass bales, which were awesome. And
hemp
is working really well. So does flax, etc. So I'd say if it's fairly
seedless and grassless and tubular, it should work. It probably matters
more how it's baled than what has been baled.

Chris

Hi All

A couple recently asked me if buffalo grass baled after the seed heads
fell off would work in lieu of the traditional straw (wheat. oats or
rice) that we normally use. My first inclination was to say no, but I
told them I would pose the question to this list to see what the

Thank You

Ben Obregon
list,
send email to GSBN@...HELP in the SUBJECT