Re: GSBN:Re: Buffalo Grass Bales

Here in Nebraska, we have used prairie meadow hay for a recently built sb
building constructed on a native prairie (pristine prairie). I've also
worked on a project where we baled Timothy grass when we ran out of wheat to
bale, and know of at least one project that used rye grass bales (good
tensile strength, I'm told). I know of at least one sb home in Kansas with
bales of tall and short bluestem grass and also switchgrass. As for buffalo
grass, I've never seen buffalo grass get very tall and agree with Derek that
it is fine and flat - so wonder if it's the best. If wheat or rye or oats
was available, I'd go with that as first choice. But if we're building with
what we have at hand (as the pioneers did), and if that all that's at
hand...

Joyce

on 10.9.2007 1:13 PM, Derek Roff at derek@...: