Re: GSBN:Re: Buffalo Grass Bales and Sudan Grass Bales

Thanks Matts, I stand humbled. I do appreciate the info from you all and
should have provided a better description of the characteristics of
'Buffalo Grass'. I've included some additional info below but I think
the most important thing I got from everyone is that I should look at
the specific characteristics of the grass on their land to insure the
stalk's characteristics are close enough to straw..

Thank You all

Ben Obregon

   Bouteloua dactyloides (Nutt.) J.T. Columbus

     Buffalo Grass, Buffalograss

     Poaceae (Grass Family)
     <<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.wildflower.org/plants/search.php?family=Poaceae&amp;newsearch=true";>http://www.wildflower.org/plants/search.php?family=Poaceae&amp;newsearch=true</a>>

     Synonyms: Buchloe dactyloides

     USDA Symbol: BODA2 <<a  target="_blank" href="http://plants.usda.gov/java/profile?symbol=BODA2";>http://plants.usda.gov/java/profile?symbol=BODA2</a>>

     USDA Native Status: Native to U.S.

<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.wildflower.org/plants/";>http://www.wildflower.org/plants/</a>

Looks like Ben got some thoughtful posts, but we might have been able to
craft better ones if he could have provided the scientific name for what they call
Buffalo Grass down in Tejas.  Or, at least, have provided a detailed
description of the stuff.
So much for constructive (?) grumpiness.