Re: GSBN:Tom Rijven is is finaly available in Print (in French and English)

Dear Sally ;-)

I'm sure Tom does not care for misspellings and as for nationalities,...
they are a pretty silly concept anyway...

Tom's bi-lingual book is both in French and English.

I did notice 2 details in the book that seem like (minor) errors to me.
I would like to know if anyone on this list has any information on it:
1. Tom states that 90% of the SB homes in the world are loadbearing.
Personally I was under the impression it was more like 90% of the SB
homes are post and beam. (Gu)estimates anyone? What does the SB Registry
say?
2. Tom also says that it were the railroad workers in Nebraska that
started SB building. I don't remember reading this elsewhere. Though it
seems to make sense that railroad workers would create fast shelter it
does not seem logical to me that they would make a real house (because
they would probably move on as the railroad advances).

I consider Tom's book a wonderful addition to SB literature. It is a
very inspiring 'hands on' book including Toms great sense of humor.

Bye,
André - have indeed been a butcher (in my life before SB) - de Bouter

André de Bouter wrote;

'Tom Rijven, alias Tom Raven, alias The Straw Bale Gypsy, yes that
colorful Dutch guy with a heart of gold and ferment in his plaster that
dippes his bales mostly in France has at long last realized his dream
to put his SB-system in writing.'

Thank you to those that responded to my inquiries and all the keen info
passed on this GSBN.

A sincere apology to Mr. Rijven for the misspelling of his name and
nationality. Thanks to Andre de Butcher for correcting me.

Is Tom's book in English? 'Quoth the Rijven Evermore'

Mark (you can call me Sally) Schueneman
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.coloradostrawbale.org/index.php";>http://www.coloradostrawbale.org/index.php</a>