Re: GSBN:Re: Historic Nebraska Buildings and Railroad Workers

At 04:46 PM 10/16/2007, you wrote:
Matts responds: I consider myself a serious student of the early history of
bale building.  Although it may just be something that I've just somehow
missed, I have never heard or read anything that would corroborate
Tom's belief.
Wonder if Joyce Coppinger, who shares my interest in the dawn of
bale building,
could weigh in on this one.

I did read somewhere that migrant farm workers who rode the trains
across the U.S. midwest from place to place, (ala the movie "Days of
Heaven") made use of straw bales for temporary shelter.  Joyce C. may
know more.
-Catherine