Re: GSBN:Re: Historic Nebraska Buildings and Railroad Workers

OK, here's my two cents worth. I'll do some additional digging later at the
Historical Society and ask Roger Welsch (if I can get him to answer) and
share what I learn.

Many of the towns in Nebraska were settled and built by railroad workers who
decided to remain here on the Plains when offered homesteads, but I don't
know of any straw-bale buildings that were specifically identified as being
built by railroad workers. Fast shelter was more likely tents or railroad
cars.

Joyce

on 10.16.2007 5:46 PM, MattsMyhrman@...MattsMyhrman@...: