-> Good news from the Baltics, and search for good pictures for a lecture.
     by larskeller@...

Date: 29 Oct 2007 02:34:05 -0500
From: larskeller@...
Subject: Good news from the Baltics, and search for good pictures for a
lecture.

Greetings from Denmark, Europe.

Two things:

1)
Just back from a workshop in Estonia, passing on "best practice" from
good old Denmark to future sb-builders of Estonia, Latvia and
Lithuania.
      The wish of the project was to help professionals move forward,
so we practised on the technique shown at the european sb-gathering in
Germany this past August:
- - mini-big bales, compressed in-situ both horizontally and vertically,
roof build on ground lifted up by crane.
      I would like you to know, that there is now a baltic network via
a yahoo-group. (three languages who do not communicate together,
although two are related, so the used language is either Russian or
English).
      In Estonia and Lithuania there is already a young professional
sb-environment. In Latvija at least two living houses have been built,
but there is not yet a professional sb-environment.

2)
In 2 days I will head north by train and ferry to Norway to hopefully
inspire a group of architects about healthy, sustainable,
future-minded shelter/energy/wastewater-solutions.
     All is ready to go, but having just come home from an inspiring
travel around the Baltic Sea I thought it would be very good indeed
with some new pictures/ideas from abroad.
     My lecture will focus on:
- - the sb-building techniques very briefly described above
- - room heating, utility water heating, cooking, in various types of
massovens
- - from waste water to productive water
- - power, reducing consumption by new permanent-magnet-generator
on-the-market circulation pumps, producing by micro-windmills
- - socioEconomic aspects of mortgagefree living
- - designstrategy - permaculture
- - future aims: passivhus-standard

If you have ONE picture, including descriptive text by email,
- - of a beautiful recently finished project
- - a method you think hold promises for the future
- - something else inspiring of this kind

And you have time to email it today or tomorrow, then please email to:
larskeller@...

If interested I'll be happy to email my presentation to you.
Best regards
Lars Keller

- --
jomorandin@...