Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 7:56 AM
Subject: GSBN:40% humidity

Hello everyone,

Christophe Achte (that same army engineer student I mentioned earlier)
told me of a project of the French army were electronical material will
be stalled (for future use) in buildings that should keep the humidity
at a constant 40% to avoid corrosion of the material. He wondered if SB
with earthen plasters could be used instead of airtight 'modern'
materials. The need to keep the straw under 20% makes me hesitate to
give an answer. But someone who participated in the discussion told us
that 70% humidity in wine cellars is quite common.
Do we have any info, from the Ridge Winery for instance, that might shed
light on this subject?

Andr&eacute; -hic- de Bouter
France
----