Date: 13 Nov 2007 13:03:37 -0500
From: Catherine Wanek mail@...
Subject: FYI another DCAT award

Another reason to be proud to know David Eisenberg (as if we needed one)

USGBC Honors Green Building Leaders
Leadership Awards acknowledge extraordinary achievement

.......In the Organization Excellence category,
David Eisenberg and the Development Center for
Appropriate Technology received the award in
acknowledgment of DCAT's focus on building
sustainability into the codes over the past dozen
years. David Eisenberg has effectively
communicated to mainstream industry the
importance of integrating green design principles
into municipal codes, and he has been tireless in
his grassroots efforts to educate and work hands
on with green builders, both in the U.S., and
increasingly on an international level.

(Read the full press release below:)

USGBC Honors Green Building Leaders
Leadership Awards acknowledge extraordinary achievement

Chicago, IL (November 9, 2007) n The U.S. Green
Building Council (USGBC) honored 2007is most
influential green building leaders yesterday at
its annual Leadership Awards celebration, which
was held at the Merchandise Mart during the
Greenbuild International Conference and Expo in
Chicago, Illinois.  The USGBC Leadership Awards
recognize companies and individuals who signify
vision, leadership and commitment to the
evolution of green building design and construction.

iThe organizations and individuals represented at
the awards truly embody the attributes expected
of a green building leader,i said Rick Fedrizzi,
President, CEO & Founding Chair, USGBC. iIt is
because of their passion and expertise that our
mission of transforming the built environment
within a generation has gained momentum.i

The 2007 Leadership Awards recognize achievements
in six categories including Community, Education,
LEED, Organizational Excellence, Research and Advocacy.

In the Community category LEED faculty member
Gail Linsey from Design Harmony received the
award for her integral role in the development of
the design charrettes for the LEED rating system
as well as her innovative work on the North
Carolina Triangle J High Performance Guidelines
and the Green Building Advisor program. Her past
projects include: the Greening of the White House
and the Pentagon, The Sustainable Design
Initiatives for the National Park Service, The
International Green Building Challenge, and the
Department of Defenseis Sustainable Design
Training Program. In the last few years Gail has
been assisting the U.S. EPA with their Energy Star Program.

The Aldo Leopold Legacy Center was honored in the
Education category. Based in Baraboo, WI this
LEED-Platinum building is the new headquarters
and construction center for the Aldo Leopold
Foundation. Award honorees include The Kubala
Washatko Architects, Inc., The Boldt Company
Appleton, WI., Tom Boldt and Theresa Lehman. The
building is carbon-neutral, izero neti energy in
design and will produce over 110 percent of
annual building energy needs. A major building
component includes site-harvested wood originally
planted during the land restoration efforts by
the Leopold family in the 1930is and 1940is.

In the LEED category, Rob Harris, Chief of the
Engineering Division of the Directorate of Public
Works, Ft. Bragg, NC received the award for his
aggressive program to adopt LEED-NC and LEED-EB
in the military facilities of Fort Bragg where a
$3 billion construction program will be completed
over the next five years. He is a powerful
advocate and ambassador for green building for
the federal government, particularly within the department of defense.

In the Organization Excellence category, David
Eisenberg and the Development Center for
Appropriate Technology received the award in
acknowledgment of DCAT's focus on building
sustainability into the codes over the past dozen
years. David Eisenberg has effectively
communicated to mainstream industry the
importance of integrating green design principles
into municipal codes, and he has been tireless in
his grassroots efforts to educate and work hands
on with green builders, both in the U.S., and
increasingly on an international level.

KieranTimberlake Associates was honored in the
Research category for creativity in seamlessly
integrating research into design. The firm
commits substantial resources toward research,
development and innovation. Through research into
new materials, processes, assemblies and
products, KieranTimberlake seeks ways to improve
the art, quality and craft of architecture.

In the Advocacy category Ashok Gupta, Director,
Air & Energy Program, Natural Resources Defense
Council received the award in recognition of his
work on the New York State Green Building Tax
Credit and the carbon neutral redevelopment of
the World Trade Center site. Ashok was co-chair
of the energy and environmental policy advisory
committee for Governor Spitzeris transition and
is NRDCis representative on Mayor Bloombergis
Sustainability Advisory Board and Energy Policy
Task Force. He was the primary architect of the
New York State Green Building Tax Credit, and he
was instrumental in securing the system benefit
charge in NYS which has provided long-term funding for green buildings.

###

About USGBC
The U.S. Green Building Council is the nationis
leading nonprofit organization composed of
corporations, builders, universities, government
agencies, and other nonprofit organizations
working together to promote buildings that are
environmentally responsible, profitable and
healthy places to live and work. Since its
founding in 1993, the Council has grown to more
than 12,000 member companies and organizations, a
broad portfolio of LEED(r) programs and services,
the industryis popular Greenbuild International
Conference and Expo
(<<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.greenbuildexpo.org";>http://www.greenbuildexpo.org</a>>www.greenbuildexpo.org),
and a network of 72 local chapters, affiliates,
and organizing groups.  The Councilis vision is a
sustainable built environment within a
generation.  For more information, visit <<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.usgbc.org";>http://www.usgbc.org</a>>www.usgbc.org.

About Greenbuild
The U.S. Green Building Councilis Greenbuild
International Conference &amp; Expo convenes the
industryis largest gathering of representatives
from all corners of the green building
movement.  Three days of extensive educational
programming, workshops, a vast exhibition floor
and ample networking events provide unrivaled
opportunities to learn about the latest
innovations, exchange ideas and develop new
business relationships.  Greenbuild 2007 will be
held on November 7-9, 2007 in Chicago, Il. at
McCormick Place.  This yearis conference is
expected to draw over 20,000 attendees and will
feature more than 850 exhibit booths.  Visit
<<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.greenbuildexpo.org";>http://www.greenbuildexpo.org</a>>www.greenbuildexpo.org
for more information.  To view this yearis show
from right from your computer, go to
<<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.greenbuild365.org";>http://www.greenbuild365.org</a>>www.greenbuild365.org.

- ---

On behalf of Ausbale - the Australasian Straw Bale Association I wish to
congratulate DCAT and our very good friend David for winning the award

Well done Dave!!!

Bohdan Dorniak
President Ausbale

Another reason to be proud to know David Eisenberg (as if we needed one)

USGBC Honors Green Building Leaders
Leadership Awards acknowledge extraordinary achievement

.......In the Organization Excellence category, David Eisenberg and the
Development Center for Appropriate Technology received the award in
acknowledgment of DCAT's focus on building sustainability into the codes
over the past dozen years. David Eisenberg has effectively communicated to
mainstream industry the importance of integrating green design principles
into municipal codes, and he has been tireless in his grassroots efforts to
educate and work hands on with green builders, both in the U.S., and
increasingly on an international level.

(Read the full press release below:)

USGBC Honors Green Building Leaders
Leadership Awards acknowledge extraordinary achievement

Chicago, IL (November 9, 2007) =96 The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
honored 2007=92s most influential green building leaders yesterday at its
annual Leadership Awards celebration, which was held at the Merchandise Mart
during the Greenbuild International Conference and Expo in Chicago,
Illinois.  The USGBC Leadership Awards recognize companies and individuals
who signify vision, leadership and commitment to the evolution of green
building design and construction.

=93The organizations and individuals represented at the awards truly embody
the attributes expected of a green building leader,=94 said Rick Fedrizzi,
President, CEO &amp; Founding Chair, USGBC. =93It is because of their passion and
expertise that our mission of transforming the built environment within a
generation has gained momentum.=94

The 2007 Leadership Awards recognize achievements in six categories
including Community, Education, LEED, Organizational Excellence, Research
and Advocacy.

In the Community category LEED faculty member Gail Linsey from Design
Harmony received the award for her integral role in the development of the
design charrettes for the LEED rating system as well as her innovative work
on the North Carolina Triangle J High Performance Guidelines and the Green
Building Advisor program. Her past projects include: the Greening of the
White House and the Pentagon, The Sustainable Design Initiatives for the
National Park Service, The International Green Building Challenge, and the
Department of Defense=92s Sustainable Design Training Program. In the last few
years Gail has been assisting the U.S. EPA with their Energy Star Program.

The Aldo Leopold Legacy Center was honored in the Education category. Based
in Baraboo, WI this LEED-Platinum building is the new headquarters and
construction center for the Aldo Leopold Foundation. Award honorees include
The Kubala Washatko Architects, Inc., The Boldt Company Appleton, WI., Tom
Boldt and Theresa Lehman. The building is carbon-neutral, =93zero net=94
energy
in design and will produce over 110 percent of annual building energy needs.
A major building component includes site-harvested wood originally planted
during the land restoration efforts by the Leopold family in the 1930=92s and
1940=92s.

[...]

In the Advocacy category Ashok Gupta, Director, Air &amp; Energy Program,
Natural Resources Defense Council received the award in recognition of his
work on the New York State Green Building Tax Credit and the carbon neutral
redevelopment of the World Trade Center site. Ashok was co-chair of the
energy and environmental policy advisory committee for Governor Spitzer=92s
transition and is NRDC=92s representative on Mayor Bloomberg=92s
Sustainability
Advisory Board and Energy Policy Task Force. He was the primary architect of
the New York State Green Building Tax Credit, and he was instrumental in
securing the system benefit charge in NYS which has provided long-term
funding for green buildings.

###

About USGBC
The U.S. Green Building Council is the nation=92s leading nonprofit
organization composed of corporations, builders, universities, government
agencies, and other nonprofit organizations working together to promote
buildings that are environmentally responsible, profitable and healthy
places to live and work. Since its founding in 1993, the Council has grown
to more than 12,000 member companies and organizations, a broad portfolio of
LEED=AE programs and services, the industry=92s popular Greenbuild
International
Conference and Expo (<<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.greenbuildexpo.org";>http://www.greenbuildexpo.org</a>>www.greenbuildexpo.org),
and a network of 72 local chapters, affiliates, and organizing groups.  The
Council=92s vision is a sustainable built environment within a generation.
For more information, visit <<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.usgbc.org";>http://www.usgbc.org</a>>www.usgbc.org.

About Greenbuild
The U.S. Green Building Council=92s Greenbuild International Conference &amp; Expo
convenes the industry=92s largest gathering of representatives from all
corners of the green building movement.  Three days of extensive educational
programming, workshops, a vast exhibition floor and ample networking events
provide unrivaled opportunities to learn about the latest innovations,
exchange ideas and develop new business relationships.  Greenbuild 2007 will
be held on November 7-9, 2007 in Chicago, Il. at McCormick Place.  This
year=92s conference is expected to draw over 20,000 attendees and will feature
more than 850 exhibit booths.  Visit
<<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.greenbuildexpo.org";>http://www.greenbuildexpo.org</a>>www.greenbuildexpo.org
for more information.  To view this year=92s show from right from your
computer, go to <<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.greenbuild365.org";>http://www.greenbuild365.org</a>>www.greenbuild365.org.

- --- StripMime Report -- processed MIME parts --- multipart/alternative
- ---
- ----
- ----

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9:19 PM

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9:19 PM

> [...]
> and ample networking events provide unrivaled
> opportunities to learn about the latest
> innovations, exchange ideas and develop new
> business relationships.  Greenbuild 2007 will be
> held on November 7-9, 2007 in Chicago, Il. at
> McCormick Place.  This yearis conference is
> expected to draw over 20,000 attendees and will
> feature more than 850 exhibit booths.  Visit

<<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.greenbuildexpo.org";>http://www.greenbuildexpo.org</a>>www.greenbuildexpo.org

> for more information.  To view this yearis show
> from right from your computer, go to
> <<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.greenbuild365.org";>http://www.greenbuild365.org</a>>www.greenbuild365.org.

> multipart/alternative
>   text/html
> ---
> ----
> For instructions on joining, leaving, or otherwise

Maurice and Joy Bennett

You must be the change you want to see in the world.   Gandhi

Make Yahoo! your homepage.
<a  target="_blank" href="http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs";>http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs</a>