Re: GSBN:Fwd: CASBA_ Pea Gravel

I donÕt like solid insulation under straw walls Ð it looks like an area that
could sweat to me. I like the idea of insulation at that point though.

Similarly the idea of requiring drainage at that point I find quite
disturbing Ð if it is that wet there are other issues.

I do like the idea of a breathable mineral based insulation layer there and
have used materials such as pumice pea gravel, or possibly scoria, or
possibly vermiculite\.

Any other thoughts?

Graeme,
Graeme North Architects,