Re: GSBN:Fwd: CASBA_ Pea Gravel

<In the instance of a washing machine overflow, I doubt that 1" of gravel
would be sufficient to  prevent the water traveling into the bottom of the
bale.>

We also use plates that are about 3.5", so the gravel layer would be at 2.5"
and the BB's (bale bottoms) would be at 3.5".  That seems sufficient to
handle most overflow situations.

One alternative, if interior flooding is a big concern, would be to break
the insulation every foot or two with a 2" channel of gravel perpendicular
to the length of the wall.  These could even lead to a rainwater collection
tank so that you can recycle your overflowing water.

One translation question....what's "Bulk insulation"

John "What are those suds on the Floor?" Swearingen

John Swearingen
Skillful Means, Inc.
Design and Construction
www.skillful-means.com