Thanks,

Bruce King, PE
Director, Ecological Building Network  ( www.ecobuildnetwork.org )
Publisher, Green Building Press  ( www.greenbuildingpress.com )
11 Mark Drive
San Rafael, CA 94903  USA
(415) 987-7271
bruce@...

On Dec 13, 2007, at 3:04 PM, Martin Hammer wrote:

Hello again everyone -

David Arkin's e-mail about pea gravel ignited one of those great GSBN
firestorms of intense and productive dialogue.

I'll take this opportunity to nominate David (along with his wife
Anni) to
the GSBN.  I think his absence is a longstanding oversight.

David is an architect in Berkeley, California who has a long history
designing buildings with an environmental focus that are also of
exceptional
quality as architecture.  He worked a number of years for educator and
architect Sim Van der Ryn, a pioneer in the field of ecological
design.
David was project architect for the Real Goods Solar Living Center
that
graces the cover of Bruce King's book and was the building that got
Bruce
into straw bale.  He has broad experience with straw bale, rammed
earth, all
things solar, and other forms of natural and environmentally
responsible
building.  In partnership with his equally talented architect wife
Anni
Tilt, their firm Arkin-Tilt Architects (www.arkintilt.com) has won
numerous
design awards and their work has been widely published.  David is
also past
national president of Architects, Designers and Planners for Social
Responsibility.

Any seconds?

Martin Hammer