Re: GSBN:Call for Articles - TLS' Issue about Women in SB & NB

HI Joyce,
Thanks for this- I'll update mine. What is your "wish I'd have them
all by" date?????
Laura

On Dec 19, 2007, at 9:56 AM, Joyce Coppinger wrote:

This email was sent out a while back - and I have received some great
natural building who have not sent in their updated article or new
one. So
I'm resending this information, extending the deadline and planning to
publish the issue for distribution early in 2008. This is open to
every
woman who is involved in strawbale and other types of natural
building.

Here's the information:

The theme of The Last Straw journal's March 2008 issue is The Women of
Strawbale and Natural Building. In addition to updating the articles
about
women involved in strawbale and natural building in 1995 (TLS issue
#10/Constructive Women), we want to feature women who are currently
involved
now, and updates on all the women who were featured in TLS#10.

Your involvement can be related to any aspect - workshop instructor,
teaching an online course or in the classroom, helping with an
association,
architect, engineer, designer, design/builder, owner/builder,
contractor,
subcontractor, supplier, natural building materials store owner,
plasterer,
writer, author, consultant, promoter, realtor, codes official, lender,
insurer...

We want to feature women from around the world, so please help us
get the
word out by passing this along to others!

Here's what I'm looking for:

1.  Photograph - a head shot or a photo showing the person doing a
workshop,
teaching a class, working on a project. 300 dpi jpg or tiff format 3x4

2.  Brief bio of how you got involved, what you do (planning, design,
construction, plaster, cob, strawbale, light straw clay, and such)

3. A brief note about projects (types of projects and materials),
involvement in associations, experience teaching or doing workshops,
any
other contributions to their particular field of expertise and work

This issue will take time to bring together, so the sooner you can
send
information to us the better.

If you have questions or need more information, just ask.

Thanks. Look forward to hearing from you!

Joyce
-------
Joyce Coppinger, Managing Editor
The Last Straw journal
GPFS/TLS, PO Box 22706, Lincoln NE 68542-2706 USA
402.483.5135, fax 402.483.5161
thelaststraw@...
www.thelaststraw.org

Laura Bartels